Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Brunhilda and Borris in "Day-Trippin'"

.

Brunhilda and Borris Bearsaltandpepper here, but you can call us Brunhilda and Borris Bearsaltandpepper.



Miss Keetha has been hauling us all over the northwoods, but she hasn't been letting us make any posts ourselves. We had to sneak onto lappy in the middle of the night just to tell this little story!!


First of all, she makes us do all the work. Well, Sister Pam and dad help too. Miss Keetha has some flimsy little surgery excuse about not lifting heavy things - - - but does that mean she packed LIGHT? Aux contraire, mes amis, she went loaded for BEAR!! She ladens us down like pack mules so she can be free to point that digi-cam at whatever suits her!!!

Brunhilda didn't want to leave Eau Claire - - - said she liked the digs there. I told her we were on an adventure and might as well grin and BEAR it.


She grumbled all the way to the next port of call. Do you know how miserable it is to share close purse quarters with a growling she bear???? Let's just say I could BEARLY BEAR it. Between putting up with her AND Miss Keetha, I think I deserve an award.


When we arrived in Hayward, even Brunhilda growlingly admitted Miss Keetha did all right when she reserved this place!


We checked out the paddle boats. They were pretty classy with their little green awnings!


We scoped out Hayward Lake - - - which is really just a widened part of the Namekagon River. Pretty stuff!


We think Fisherhubby would like to put his boat in here. Of course, Miss Keetha made him stay home and go to work.


We prowled around the shoreline where the only wildlife we found was a fast little chipmunk.

At the end of the day, we were plum tuckered out with all that luggage haulin', purse packin', movin' in, and explorin'.


Sister Pam was exhausted too, so we hunkered down with her for a little hibernation.

And now we must hide back in Miss Keetha's purse before she catches us using her lappy!!!

Ta ta 'til next time - - -

.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute!!!

Dogmom Diva said...

Oh this is such a cute fun post! thank you!

Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh those naughty, naughty bears! They look exhausted after all that time down by the river.

Di

Erin said...

Beautiful lake! Do B&B get to go out on a paddle boat? Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

What naughtly little bears to sneak on to your laptop like that!!! lol

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Shhhhh I won't tell Miss Keetha you sneaked onto her lap top! It was a very enlightening post!! Have fun!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, it looks like the bears are having a grand old time! I love the digs and the view of the lake!
You did good Keetha!
Have a wonderful time,
Cindy

Dustin and Kayla said...

hahaha those bears crack me up! i like the lake pictures, it looks like a fun vacation spot

Tonja said...

Looks like fun was had by folks and bears! Good for you!

Char said...

Those bears sure get around!
Thanks for your e-mail. When I get to the point where I can blog more frequently, I'll let you know. Until then, you may see a few updates on Yahoo. Ya Hooo!

ain't for city gals said...

This reminds me of my favorate New Yorker cartoon...two dogs typing on the computer saying to each other "They don't know you are dog when you are on the Internet"....

kyooty said...

hehhee it's all about the work!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love your sister, Pam. I love the picture of her and the bears - LOVE IT!!

B&B did a great job, but I hope they didn't go to any unauthorized places on the web while using your lappy - we all know that your lappy is virus and bug free!!

Thanks for this -
Kristin - The Goat

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a nice adventure they are on.
Love the lake. I have to say that your family is very nice to let the bears pose with them :)