Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Backroads Friends

.
I've been blogging every day from the Backroads Coffee Shop. It is a delightful little place with great coffee, yummy sandwiches, and FREE WIFI!!!!

We've found some GREAT northern hospitality here too.


Meet Michael Ann, on the left, seen here with Jenny, who along with her hubby Mark, was vacationing with us until early this morning when they headed back home to Indiana.

Michael Ann has made our trips into the Backroads oh so fun!!! She greets us at the door with a huge smile, ooooos and ahhhhhhs over our bracelet purchases, and teases us unmercifully.

We love her.

The day of the big storm, when we tried to come into the shop, she had to tell us they were closed because of the storm.

The next day she saw us coming BEFORE we opened the door, ducked her head down over her broom and said, "We're closed!!!!" We froze in our tracks until we heard her cackling with laughter.

If you ever decide to take a Hayward Vacation, please be sure you visit Backroads. You'll be so glad you did.

.

8 comments:

Angie said...

She makes you smile just to look at her doesn't she?

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to wish you a fun-filled week-end!

Di

Angie said...

Uh-oh, I knew this would happen. I knew I shouldn't have gone, not on my own. I just popped back for a look at Backroads and now I won't come out! I'm feasting on the menu. Don't try and stop me - the subs are next.

LV said...

Sounds like a perfect place for friends and family to share quality time. It is nice when you find someone like Michael Ann. Most of the time they are no that nice. You seem to be staying busy since school is over.

Theresa said...

OHHHH sounds like a wonderful time! I will have to put that on my "To visit" list:) Have a blessed day!

Ann in the UP said...

Michael's Haven of Wi-Fi accessibility! We are all thankful for her hospitality so we know what you and Jenny are up to. It's always a good policy to be friendly to wi-fi providers.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I am so very thankful for Backroads Coffee Shop and Michael Ann. It's been so nice keeping track of you - and knowing that you aren't at the end of the dock waving your lappy around looking for a signal.

Kristin - The Goat

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Nothing better then making friends.
Sounds like a good time.