Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sunday Reruns - Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy!

.


It's Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for Sunday Favorites!!!

Sunday Favorites are RERUNS - - - if you want to participate, just repost something you previously posted "back in the day."

(NOTICE: This is NOT a current event ;-)


Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme, "Sunday Favorites."

I first posted this on 6/12/2008




Do You Think Jonah - - -

Saw the "big fish" as God's answer to his prayers?



I mean, when the waves were crashing over his head and all looked lost, do you really think he saw a huge fish about to swallow him and thought, "Thank you Lord for sending deliverance!?!"

I think not. I think he thought all was lost. This was it - the big one.

And yet, God in his sovereign wisdom, sent a huge fish to swallow Jonah in order to save him.

How many times does God send a "big fish" our way and we fail to recognize it?

Hang on, friend, God will send a "big fish."

These ideas are not original to me, I heard my friend share them at a meeting. Thanks, Steve!!

(image source: bestpicever.com)



.

6 comments:

Troy said...

Maybe Jonah thought the fish wsa dinner, and in his narcicistic way thought he was going to catch it.

How many times do we see "the big one" coming, and yet we are too convinced of our own invincibility to know it is going to eat us.

Once we learn our lesson, and eat some humble pie, then the fish can spit us out on the beach, leaving us wondering what the heck just happened.

Lynn said...

Very interesting picture and food for thought!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Mornin' Girlfriend...

I love the story of Jonah! Oh yes, there is so much we can learn from his experiences!!! There are so many of those big ol' fishes in life! I, for one, was swallowed up by one about 15 yrs ago. And you're right, at the time...I didn't think I would make it. It wasn't very pleasant living in the belly of that fish but I survived it and can see now how God used the situation to bring me to the place where I am now! I thank Him for those big ol' fishes he brings our way...Father knows best!!!

Thanks for sharing this truth with us today for Sunday Favorites, my friend!

Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend, Darlin'!

Chari @Happy To Design

Theresa said...

Sometimes we don't see that big fish as what it is meant to be:) Great post! Have a blessed day!

KBeau said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Thanks also for your kind words about my blog redo. I decided it was time to simplify.

From the Kitchen said...

Amen to that!

Regarding your previous post, who's your team? = )
My family is so VPI (oops, dating myself)--make that Virginia Tech and U of Florida that I am always in search of another team to cheer for.

Loved the photos of those cute little grandkidlets!!

Best,
Bonnie