Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This One's for YOU, Carol!

.

Yesterday we had to return home from our little weekend get-away.

I know that my friend Carol, from Old Glory Cottage, is feeling a little sad and dare I say even a little envious that I have gotten to move to Wisconsin. She also has ties and roots up here and wishes she could live here too!

Well, Carol, we decided to take an alternate route home so I could take some pictures JUST for you! Hope you can pretend you were right there with us!!


I confess. I MISSED the "Phillips" city sign, so instead of making Fisherhubby turn around, I took this.

You know who you're dealing with here, don't you???


I loved the blue water tower hovering over the little town.


I was soooo excited that a logging truck passed by just as I snapped this shot - - - logging is a BIG deal in them thar parts!


Fortunately, we needed a fill-up about then, so while Fisherhubby pumped the gas, I snapped a photo that wasn't through the windshield of a moving car!


Ice fishing is alive and well on the lake that flows through town!


What a cute little Feed Mill turned specialty shoppes!!! I moseyed over to browse the antiques.

I only bought one small $2 book, but look what I SAW, Kristin!!!


A little kissing Dutch boy and girl. The manufacturer of THESE didn't want anyone to mess with the pose - - - they are frozen into a life long passionate kiss!

Now Carol, you've been HOLDING OUT ON US!!! At least I can't find a post about this fascinating place over on your blog - - - I went and searched.

I don't believe you've ever told us that Phillips is the proud home of:


Wisconsin Concrete Park!!! What a hoot!!!

Had it not been cold and snowy, I may have gotten out of the car to do more investigating. As it was, I just shot a few pix through the window.


Every "larger than life" item in the park is made of concrete with colorful glass embedded for details and decoration.


It looked like there were acres and acres of this stuff!


I think it needs to be featured on some "extreme yard ornament" show! Perhaps it has been.

Well, that does it for my Phillips tour. So glad you all came along for the ride.

.

16 comments:

Nancy said...

The Concrete Park had to be a highlight of your trip through Phillips! Love it. Concerning the logging truck: In WA, our logging trucks hold BIG logs which are carried lengthwise on the trucks. While visiting WI when our son was small, he saw one of the logging trucks like in your picture, laughed and asked, "Why is that big truck carrying those little sticks?" Thanks for the memory.

Theresa said...

What a fun trip, a quaint little town and a concrete park:) Thanks for taking me along on the trip! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Kristin - The Goat said...

It is my lucky day to be mentioned in TWO of my best blogging buddies blogs in one day. Thanks Keetha!!!

Love those kissing dutch kids. The are kissing for a lifetime, huh? lol

The concrete garden looks like to so much fun. I would love to go there someday.

Kristin - The Goat

Tonja said...

Now, that is a strange thing for sure...a concrete park! I've heard it all, now.

Did you watch the game...THE game last night? Yeah Auburn! War Eagle! Lots of my friends were at that game!

I've got my own take on those logging trucks today!

It seems so strange to see a river frozen deep and hard enough to drive on! Do you thaw up anytime before July?

(I'm just kidding with you..not making fun. But I think you know that!)

Jocelyn said...

Great post! I came over from Carol's blog :-)

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Lady Jane said...

That was a fun trip. Thanks for the ride.

Jojo said...

I love blogs and the interesting places bloggers take us. Love the fisher cottages and who knew there was a concreted garden with beautiful sculpture in Wisconsin?

42N said...

What a great tour blog posting. Thanks for sharing with us. The downtown photo with logging truck reminds me of Walker, MN. Love the concrete creatures.

Barb said...

I was wondering if that concrete park was still there! Thanks for sharing. We lived in Ashland before we moved to Wausau (and then to Hudson and then to Rapids). So we used to drive past there all the time when we would go back to Ashland to visit. All those times and I only walked through there once.

Anonymous said...

Was there any concrete cheeses of any sort? Blue cheesecis the best

Angie said...

I can't think of exactly a concrete PARK over here in England but we do have concrete cows and things 'living' in fields at Milton Keynes in the south. Just no ccounting for taste is there?

I like the kissing kids. Did B & B go on this trip too? You could have bought this for them.

★Carol★ said...

Oh Keetha, you made me tear up a little bit! Do you know how long it's been since I've been up there in the wintertime? It's so beautiful, and you took pictures of some of my most favorite places. That antique store is SO expensive! And I was sure that I had mentioned The Concrete Park at some point. Definitely a place not to be missed! I promise to stop there this year, and take some goofy shots just for you! Thank you for this post, Keetha. I always miss it the most as Christmastime, but you just made me so happy today! I'm still hoping that Phillips will be our home one day!
xo,
Carol

Janet, said...

How nice of you to do that. I love the little Dutch boy and girl. That concrete park is something else.

Anonymous said...

Love the concrete park! Too funny!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

There is only one Philips, WI right? I spent many weekends their with my husband although we were not married at the time. My husband spent almost all his summers their as a little boy. His grandparents had a cabin way up in the woods, no electricity at the time. Then years later they bought a farm house closer to town and that is where we went so many times. I have the best memories from Philips, WI.

Martin LaBar said...

It's a long time since I've thought of Phillips.