Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, May 18, 2012

"Cracking" Eggs and Other Fragments

.

It's Friday, the day Mrs. 4444 has made fragmenting not only acceptable, but also popular.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Sum - Sum - Summertime flip flop S&Ps that I found for a dollar this week.


They came home with me and moved in right on top of the pie safe with some festive Fiesta mugs.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


This is my little collection of all things violet, I am fragging it here specially for my cousin Dar to see.

Probably the most valuable piece in the set is the cheese dish in the center which belonged to our grandparents.

* * * * * * * * * *


Lots of people live on our refrigerator, how about yours?

Our children, grans, some of my former students, and even some bloggy friends have come to dwell here.

Right in the midst of this neighborhood, you will find - - -


Little Miss Viola.

Viola lives in Uganda, Africa. We have never had the joy of meeting her face to face but we have chosen to become her sponsors. We send $25/month which enables her to go to school and receive all the benefits that school brings into her life.

Last week we received our first letter from her. In it she said her favorite household chore was fetching water. Methinks few of us have ever had to fetch water, except in a glass right from our own kitchen sink.

We sponsor Viola through Forgotten Children Worldwide. The best part about this organization is that all their stateside workers are volunteers so when you sponsor a child through them, every single penny of your money goes directly to your child.

I know this to be fact for our daughter Keri is one of those volunteers and I'm so proud that she serves others in this way.

I share this with you today from my heart - no one at FCW asked me to advertise for them, nor do they even know I'm doing it.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


I found some robin egg blue eggs to add to the other bird eggs in the basket this week.


Loving the "spot" of color.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Last spring when my Easter lilies died down, I planted them out in the landscaping. I told them, "If you're gonna live, you're gonna have to do it on your own."

They chose to survive the winter and are thriving.

Probably because I didn't try to "raise" them - - - we all know what MY touch does to plants.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Here are the results of the craft project my class at church did this week:


Kayla gave her lion the feminine touch.


Chris made a camo lion.

He says he's battle-scarred, that's why one paw is missing.


Teacher's pet.

Guess which Bible story we studied.


* * * * * * * * * * * *


Mommy's Idea
Head on over to Mrs. 4444's place
And check out all the other Friday Fragments.

.

17 comments:

Alyx said...

My mom collects S&Ps so I try to get a set for her in every new place we visit. The poor woman has a china cabinet overflowing with them, because she does the same thing.
And those little lions are adorable!
I think it's so great that Keri volunteers for FCW - it seems like a fabulous organization.
Have a good weekend!

Lori E said...

I always cringe a little when I hear of organizations that claim to help kids elsewhere since we know of someone who went to volunteer at one some years ago.
She barely got out of the country with her life when she threatened to expose them as the criminals they were.
It is good to hear of one that you know is legitimate.

Tami said...

salt and pepper shakers and SO cute!
I have a lot of pictures on my fridge. Every so often I add or change them. Although it is nice to view the older pictures that have a special memory.

podso said...

That cheese dish is interesting! And enjoyed the frig tour and the new colors of eggs in your basket! Cute, cute salt and peppers .... have a good weekend!

nancygrayce said...

Daniel in the Lion's Den??? Cute, cute project, I must say I'm loving the boy's camp lion!

Love the S & P flip flops! You find the neatest stuff.

My fridge used to host a number of pictures until we made that fateful decision to have a stainless steel one....no one told me they were NOT magnetic! It made me so sad!

We work with a Uganda ministry too! I really started watching our water usage after I saw pictures of where they fetch their water! Made me ashamed to ever complain.....well mostly. I love Uganda and it's people!

Erin said...

I'll have to check out Forgotten Children Worldwide. Your lion is a cutie!

Susan Freeman said...

Those flip flop S&P's are really cute and so perfect for the summer months ahead. Thank you for sponsoring little Viola. You have a good soul!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Wayne W Smith said...

Those flip flops are awesome.

Hootin Anni said...

I can't believe how lucky you are to find so many pieces to match your grandmother's cheese dish. Wow...impressive.

And I truly enjoyed reading about Viola. What a doll!!!!

PS...if you're interested, here is where Dr. Mallard [aka NCIS Ducky] signed his contract for Season #10

http://www.tvovermind.com/ncis/ncis-cast-is-signing-contracts-for-two-more-seasons/

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the flip flop s&p's! Love your cute Viola and what a wonderful thing you do Miss Keetha! Big Hugs, Linda

Keri said...

Thanks for the FCW plug, Mom! :) I love you.

Empty Nester said...

Oh yes, lots of folks live on our fridge too. All over it! You can hardly see the white. What happens is that all the lovelies' lifelong friends used to get offended if they weren't on the fridge. So I added them. That's all their friends x 4 lovelies. I'm surprised the fridge can stand. LOL

Doreen McGettigan said...

Oh I love the S & P shakers. They reminded me that it is time for Flip Flop wine..havn't had that since last summer:)
Your daughter sounds amazing..guess she gets that from you. How kind of you to sponsor Viola.
11 grandkids, 6 grandpets, nieces and nephews and appointment cards live on my fridge. I need a new one and I've decided when I get a new one I am going to put up a very large cork board...
Have a fabulous weekend!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Lots of fun stuff here Keetha!
I am in love with your violet collection!
And what a cute idea for kids crafts!
Off to Green Bay for a graduation party for my niece,
Happy weekend friend,
Cindy

Ann in the UP said...

Flip-flop salt and pepper shakers! Made for you, no doubt about it.

Thanks for the reminder about Forgotten Children. I put them on my bookmarks list, but haven't gotten any farther with contributing.

I like the blue eggs, too. (I have all the Thursdays marked on the calendar.)

Just Nancy said...

This is such a sweet blog. I've been by a couple of times. Thanks for visiting me! Love the pictures of your decorating.

Vidya Sury said...

Your posts are a treat to read, you know. I love the flip flops, the lions and your fridge top. Giving me ideas, they are!

I am getting all set for some spring cleaning and looking forward to bringing out some of my favorite collections that I've boxed and stores.

This post is really delightful!