Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wanderings on Sunday in My City

.
.
Fall has arrived on the highways and byways of my state - Wisconsin.
.
.
This year it seems to be a kinder gentler Autumn in many ways.
.
.
One way it is kinder and gentler is that we are still very warm for mid October.  Highs have been in the mid to upper 70's.
.
.
The other way it is kinder and gentler is that its colors are quite muted.
.
.
Many leaves seem to be falling while still pale green, yellow, or brown.
.

I think these muted colors are a result of drought and no early frosts.
.
.
Still - - - the leaves are falling,
.
.
The corn and beans are ripening,


And the farmers are harvesting.
.
.
The sun has gone down on summer,


And the clouds of winter are on the horizon.
.
.
But for right now let's just enjoy these in-between Fall days, shall we?
.
.
.
Thanks to Unknown Mami
For hosting Sundays in My City. 
.
.

21 comments:

BLOGitse said...

Here too (in Helsinki) autumn has been very pleasant. Next week it will get colder but no snow yet...brrrr.
Happy Sunday!
BLOGitse

Dorothy said...

I know you like winter so I'm happy for you but I'm definitely not ready!!

retired not tired said...

The fall weather has been spectacular however we too have found the colors muted this year.

Tara R. said...

i do miss these wonderful fall colors, your photos make me homesick for Tennessee.

(Welcome back to SIMC, you were missed.)

Anita Johnson said...

I'm going to enjoy every minute I can...trying to ignore those winter clouds on the horizon. These photos are beautiful!

Bill Lisleman said...

Looks like you're enjoying the fall. nice pics

mzzbev said...

We might be moving up to N. Michigan late next Spring. We'll be neighbors! ;) I love Autumn

Cyndy @ Back in the Bush said...

I'm glad you're enjoying warmer temps! We are still warm here but that's normal, it's Florida. We are having cool mornings and evenings. I just wish it would stay this way!
I love the sunset pics!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Fall is a great reminder that change can be a beautiful thing. Thank you, Keetha, for this message. I especially like the sunset photos.

Be well.
xoRobyn

Jeannie Marie said...

It's almost like Indian Summer but you haven't had your cold spell yet. Our last Fall in the Midwest had the softer muted colors that year. I wonder what causes that?

Ann in the UP said...

Our colors were more muted too, though we had plenty of rain this summer (for once)! We haven't had hard frosts though. We've had mornings that were frosty in places, though.

Mrs4444 said...

Beautiful captures and beautifully written, my friend. Way to represent :)

podso said...

I'm always trying to figure out the weather -- such as why none of our leaves have turned yet--was it the relatively cool summer or the early cold fall followed by a major heat wave? I should stop that nonsense and just take what is and enjoy it for what it is! Your photos show a little more color and look very "autumnal." Have a great week!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Lovely picture, I hope to visit Wisconsin during the Fall. My cousin's moving there in the Summer and my aunt and uncle may follow (my uncle is from Wisconsin)so I may be visiting before I know it.

nancygrayce said...

I love the colors of your fall! It was 68 when we walked this morning at 5:30 and I thought I might have to drag out the long johns! 😉

Vidya Sury said...

So good to see you back, Keetha. I was going to email you - and got caught up with our spate of festivals. Hugs! Lovely photos!

42N said...

Beautiful photos of fall. Hope your colorful leaves stick around for a bit more before snow and frost.

Cathy said...

Yes, I am totally loving these wonderful Fall days...especially the ones with blue skies! ;)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Seems like Autumn always goes so fast. I noticed that the colors are not as brilliant this year too.
How is life treating you Keetha?
I just got back from Arizona, now talk about a temperature change.
It was still in the 90's some days there.
Take care and come say hi when you can.
Cindy

Kay said...

Those are really beautiful pictures!! Oh how I miss fall in the Midwest!

Claudya Martinez said...

Lovely post. That shot of the sun setting is fantastic.