Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

All's Quiet In The Northwoods Now

.
It's Sunday afternoon and nearly all10,000 Birkie skiers and 30,000 cowbell ringers have gone home.


Only a few nonHayward residents, like Fisherhubby and myself, are still here basking in the glory of the Northwoods.


It's so quiet now you can hear a snowflake drop - if it were only snowing, which it is not.


Truth be told, this is how I like the Northwoods best.

Oh, the Birkie crowds and excitement were fun while they lasted, but there's a whole lot to be said for the solitude of the boonies when peace descends upon it.

Fisherhubby and I are in no hurry to head back to the routine of our everyday lives, so we are lingering.

Most of the Birkie accouterments have already disappeared.  Now only hints of the Berkie remain - a tent or two, a porta-john here or there, and some Birkie decor in church this morning.


Fisherhubby and I are quite content to take in the view of Hayward Lake, now devoid of Birkie skiers, from our hotel room.


And should we get bored with the snowy vista, we have this view right in our room.

Perhaps Fisherhubby will avail himself of the jacuzzi later but I, not being a hot tub fan (nor fan of any tub for that matter) shall not.

Tomorrow will come soon enough and we shall then wend our way back to the real world and home.

Hayward, we love you and we shall be back.


1 comment:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Looks like a wonderful place! Glad you enjoyed your getaway - I am off to Fla this week for some warmth and sun…we have had over 100" snow this season and I am ready for spring!